Sunday, March 15, 2009

Me and valentino


Ok so I want to tell you all about my amazing trip and show you all of the hot photos of me being a cowboy. but I just got off two flights and a week of sleeping in a van and a day of driving through LA and I aint got it all for you yet. but I will.

But what I do got is poor grammar and the last page of the Vanity Fair where me and Valentino answered the Proust questionnaire. 

 

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Valentino (V): No telephone calls

Mae Callen (MC): A houseboat in southern France and good pair of worn in jeans 

 

What is your greatest fear?

V: to get very sick and not have a fast death

MC: To never find love again

 

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

V: I am not able to delegate to others what I know I can do faster myself. It's the impatient Taurus in me.

MC: I can be a smother mother and I finish people's sentences. But it's just because I'm excited. 

 

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

V: Lack of manners

MC: cheap complainers. 

 

What is your greatest extravagance?

V: I have two pugs and I travel with them.

MC: I travel. It's almost ridiculous how much. And sunglasses. 

 

What is your current state of mind?

V: Much more relaxed than when I was designing 8 collections per year. 

MC: 110% better then a week ago. Did you here? I'm a cowboy now. And I fucking love myself again. 

 

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

V: Fidelity

MC: following the rules, or the road for that matter. 

 

On what occasion do you lie? 

V: When I am wrong

MC: When it makes it better. 

 

Which living person do you most despise?

V: To many choices; too many failures in the world. 

MC: I don't. Life is too short to waste my time thinking about people worth despising. Although the ones who block intersections, royally piss me off. 

 

What is the quality you most like in a woman? 

V: Courage

MC: Courage* 

*Although intelligence, confidence, optimism and a well endowed ass are next in queue and not necessarily in that order. 

 

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

V: "Voila"

MC: "Just sayin' ", and "I need a t-short that says....". I really do need to cut back. 

 

What or who is the greatest love of your life? 

V: My work

MC: I'm not dead yet, but I'll let you know when I am. 

 

When and where were you the happiest? 

V: Among my very close friends

MC: Montreal, July 2001 - August 2002. 

 

Which talent would you most like to have?

V: The art of an accountant

MC:  To be able to tailor fine Italian suits. Like Valentino. 

 

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

V: I helped make Italian fashion known everywhere. 

MC: I'm a 30-year-old woman who, generally, excluding the months January through April, loves herself. That's fucking huge. 

 

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

V: a butterfly. They are free and don't get old.

MC: A sailboat, or a redwood, or maybe just myself. Think of all the things I could do, having already done all the things I will have done while not wasting my time on things I already know are a waste of my time. It would be fucking brilliant. And there would be a lot more hot sex with girls. 

 

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

V: to be sick and poor. 

MC: To be filled with regret - of missed opportunities and unspoken confessions of love - at the moment of death. 

 

What is your most marked characteristic?

V: Optimism. and the concept that nothing is impossible. 

MC: Me too. 

 

What do you most value in your friends?

V: They HAVE to love my designs!!

MC: Me TOO! no. not really. 

They tell me to suck it up, to fuck off and to get over myself when I need it most, and know when I don't. 

 

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

V: The Wizard of Oz

MC: Tank Girl or Tintin. Maybe they should make a baby. That would be hot. There would be ropes. 

 

What is it that you most dislike?

V: cruelty to helpless animals

MC: heteronormative social status caste system, and that whole breast cancer mass marketing campaign. I also really dislike it when mothers and babies get all kinds of special attention and fussing on airplanes. Drives me fucking nuts. I know I'm an asshole, get over it. 

 

How would you like to die?

V: in my sleep

MC: Not by accident and not before I'm ready. Maybe while nodding off on a spectacular train ride just after the sun goes down over some fantastic sprawling passing landscape, I have never seen before.  That would do. Just make sure there are none of those mothers and babies getting fussed over. 

 

What is your motto? 

V: Everything is possible: "Yes you can!" 

MC: Yes.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails